Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:06:57 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
It's my understanding that the IBCLC credentials and exam signify that you have passed an ENTRY level exam.  Please correct me if I'm wrong and maybe things have changed.  I've been putting off taking the exam, waiting until I've seen enough moms and babes, though the rules clearly state that LLLL's receive 500 hours for each year they've been accredited with the League. It's confusing.....

Does this mean that all Leaders after 2 years have what it takes to work with nursing moms and babes?  Not in my neck of the woods where the moms are few and far between and terrible breastfeeding rates!  I've been a Leader for a lot longer than 2 years but do not feel ready.  The IBLCE people need to get their act together and make ALL that sit for the exam, prove that they are ready and know what they're doing and not just wait for an auditing system to weed out those who clearly are not worthy of sitting for the exam!!

Wendy Beals, LLLL, CLC ( who was never under the impression, or was told by any of the Healthy Children faculty, that CLC meant I had the same level of knowledge as an IBCLC....... just my 2 cents!!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2