Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:15:27 EST
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
I have a friend/MD who rented a Classic several years ago when I first was starting to rent pumps.  She had a very active 4 yr old with her newborn. Being the new MD in the dept, she had to return to work very soon after birth and was struggling to get every bit of "liquid gold". One morning she pumped while putting on her makeup in the upstairs bathroom--directly in front of the stairs. She then went in to get dressed when she heard a thump, thump thump, going down the stairs, ending with a big bang. The 4 yr old, complete with cowboy hat on, had just rode the pump like a horse down the stairs and into the front door. Her first thought was " oh no, how am I going to pump today" followed by "oh no, I'll have to spend the day in the ER". Luckily the 4 yr old was fine and very excited about his ride.  The only damage to the pump was a cracked cover  which only cost $35 but the front door cost over $800!! The pump worked fine and I went on to rent it for several yrs.
 Moral of the story: don't put the pump anywhere the 4 yr old ( or any age budding cowboy) can get to it, especially upstairs!
Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Eastern NC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2