Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 18:22:59 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I think this connection between thrush and later carries may be a "gem"! What do you think Dr. Brian?

Can we let this algebra thing rest? I wrote to Arly that of course BFed babies can't learn algrbra- they know it already! Take the guy's comments as a sick joke and remember that he was suffering from  a generic form of iatrogenically induced god complex.

Dr. Carlos, we all seem to have heard this thing about hair dyes, probably until the last few decades there were a lot of unsuitable chemicals used in them. Most of the stuff today is probably pretty benign. A lot of the adverts are touting no ammonia,etc. Although this could be a cover- up for something worse. Let us not forget that L'O---l is owned by the big N.

Jonathan- glad to see you using all of the great stuff you picked up in your course and that a lot of those tricks we learned a while ago are now in the cirricula- the good stuff gets around. Yes, the IBCLCs are one profession that we would like to be obsolete in a few decades down the line because every family would be feeding their babies the good stuff. Am sure dentists feel the same way.

There are tons of tricks for latching in most situations - I usually feel it is a matter of engineering. We seem to be starting to speak in terms of how many degrees the mouth is open, etc.( thank you Kay Hoover who comes from an engineering family). Combine that with a lot of imagination and a few chuckles and you can usually get things going. Of course the LC is usually perspiring and the mom may think she/he is nuts until baby latches on but that is part of the game.

EVI, enjoying an actual Spring day in Tel-Aviv

ATOM RSS1 RSS2