Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:42:21 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Jennifer, 
I have been certified in Lamaze for 6-7 years and have worked at 3 hospitals teaching many classes and you have to watch what you say all the time and it is strange that she is telling this information in several classes. It is always beneficial to let her boss know what is going on. As you will see if you start teaching in a hospital setting, the educators have to adhere to guidelines and curriculum. So either A she is being told by higher up what to say by their curriculum standards or B, she is getting her numbers mixed up. Usually in my experience, the person over childbirth classes/breastfeeding classes happens to be the most customer friendly in the OB department because they are in the business to sell the classes. So I wouldn't rule that idea out. If you as the "student" go to her giving her a suggestion, it may go in one ear and out the other because to her she is "right" and you are only a "student" but to present this info to her supervisor, the supervisor with then take the responsibility to discuss with her the appropriate education and this educator should be doing what her supervisor tells her to do, because there is a liability issue here. Hope that helps.
Julie J; LCCE, CD, IBCLC 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2