Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:03:45 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
Based on his obvious lack of English language skills (and please, no offense intended towards others - this is a man who is trying to sell a product, and appeal to others, and regards Paula as a simpleton who needs "a bit of research") he is not an educated man. He may claim credentials, but he does not do a good job of selling his product based on his language alone. His lack of intelligence in other areas is obvious - adopted children cannot breastfeed, bacterial counts on the human body being a danger to preemies, mothers who cannot breastfeed due to "illness or dry breasts." Who needs "a bit of research," us, or him?

Unfortunately, people will see this product as a boon. Those people will not be those who see the mountains of trash left after a natural (or man made) disaster. 

Five years ago, our area was hit with a record flood - all things considered, it really wasn't that big. But, two floods hit back to back within 2 weeks, and the small inroads made after the first were wiped away with the second flood. The trash heaps were collected and deposited at the fairgrounds. It took weeks to clear the mess, loading it up onto trucks and dragging it off to areas unknown. We live in a small area, with a low population. Multiply that by thousands, and you will have a larger disaster. 

Disposable doesn't mean disappear.

I suspect people will see this as a tremendous way to ease the suffering of their own minds. It is a specific and meaningful way of "providing for others." If the religious spin is used, people will feel good that this product embraces their (insert religion) way of life. It is a powerful motivator.

It is thankful that he is at the looking for investors stage, but this product has quite a bit of potential in a throw-away society.

Sam Doak
Marietta OH

<<
His response is so off-the-wall' it is uselss to respond (esp since I cant' quote it)

The good news is that this is looking for investors.  Most new inventions never get off the ground.

One last point: He signed his name " Dr. Corwin P. Littell PhD" Just to be nit-picky, you do not use an honorific (in this case "Dr.") and then put your credentials after your name PhD).  For example, it is either Dr. Jack Newman, or more properly Jack Newman, M.D.   Actually, one is never supposed to use one's  own honorific.  I don't call my childrens school and say "This is Mrs. Lyons." I say "This is Jamelle Lyons".

Jamelle Lyons, IBCLC

PS His ' Florida Christian University' isn't an accredited school, either.>>

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2