Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 17:47:43 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
I talked to the State house today and Dixie Allen's office . They told me that they would call me and let me know when the Ohio bill would be up and need testimony they didn't think it would be next week though. So in the mean time contact your legislators and tell then that they need to support this bill that is so vitally need to clarify the legalities of breastfeeding. It is legal even  though Rep. Rhine McLin didn't think it was to nurse in public. The bill is needed as protective legislation to clarify existing laws for both the general public and for law enforcement and business. Some legislators have said that they will not act on this until some one is arrested. Which is in my option way to late. I will post as soon as I have a date for testimony . Dee Keith, Tri-State Breastfeeding Advocates, IBCLC, LLLL, mother of ten BF children. 

Date: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 7:57 PM
    Subject: Re: [LLLOhio] And More PR stuff...

Hi all , Dee Keith Here. I received a phone call today from a Peds from Dayton who was called by Rep. Dixie Allens office to help present testimony on the Ohio breastfeeding bill. it appears that testimony will be taken sometime most likely in the next week. I wish they could tell me when. I intend to go to Columbus for this. This issue will have at most one shot . If we do not show and in force,   there will no chance of this bill passing or moving onto any further discussion. It is imperative that we gather our forces and put pressure on our legislators. But We need bodies in Columbus, please if you care at all about this issue I beg of you show up when we need you. Send your friends , family, children, and nursing moms and dads. We have all worked so hard to get here, don't let this slip by without a phone call, fax, letter or willing testimony to the committee. Please. As soon as I have an absolute date and room number I will shout it out. Dee Keith, IBCLC, LLLL, Mother of ten BF children

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2