Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:15:32 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
A brief introduction since this is my first post - I am a doula and breastfeeding educator, currently awaiting the results of the IBCLC exam (only 24 days to go - not that I'm counting), and right now doing in-hospital breastfeeding support. I learn so much from Lactnet and am so glad to get the chance to use it now to help a patient. 

I worked with a mom today with a 1.5 day old baby who gave me permission to post here - she used a gestational surrogate, and the surrogate will be pumping milk for at least a month and shipping it to the parents, but mom would like to feed baby at the breast and also work on inducing lactation. We've gotten her started using a supplementer. They are traveling back to their home in Atlanta soon and would like to find someone who can work with them on latch, using the supplementer, and inducing lactation. Mom says she has had trouble finding anyone there with experience actually working with induced lactation/adoptive nursing. They are being discharged tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, so if anyone has recommendations for me I would love to get them to pass on before the parents leave. Thank you!!

Rebecca Costello

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2