Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:58:45 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Last week at work was very stressful, told we can no longer diagnose or talk to parents about Tongue Ties, we have to defer to MD and since our MD's do not believe in them, I doubt anything will be done for those couplets that are suffering from Tongue Ties. But I had one bright spot, which reminds me why I do this, permission to share. My last patient on Friday was a 35 weeker, towed back from the NICU to be with Mom and second time to the Breast, Baby having trouble latching, I placed a nipple shield on and that precious little Baby latched like a champ and went to town, gulping swallows and nursed for 15 minutes, towards the end, I was reviewing Late Pre Term info with Mom and Dad, when Mom looks up at me in a dazed and blissful state with a huge smile, when I realized she was having an Oxytocin surge, and I stopped talking and let her enjoy it. And that my Wise Women friends is why we trudge along, is is not? Lisa  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2