Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:39:27 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I guess I should add my own mammalian lactation story.

As a young girl (about 11 years old) my sister and I adopted two sister kittens. My kitten used to crawl on my chest and suck on the lace of my night gowns and knead my chest. My mom told me not to let her do it, but deep down I kind of enjoyed it so I never pushed her away. (but not the soaking wet nighty that resulted from these "nursing sessions.) Needless to say my nighty lace took a beating.

Well, these kittens grew to be full blown young feline ladies, well maybe not ladies as they both became pregnant at the age of about 1 year. They birthed about 5 days apart. My cat had two kittens and my sister's had one. The litter (can hardly say litters!) were both in the same bed. the kittens would all snuggle together. These kittens were very lucky as since both cats were lactating the kittens were constantly on the boob. My cat did the majority of the feedings and my sister's cat would always be the one to run off, getting her to settle back into the box to nurse was a bit of a chore. We basically shrugged our shoulders and just let be what be. 

So I guess that was my first real introduction into the world of lactation....interesting to look back on it in hind sight.

Patricia

Patricia Blomme RN
Perinatal Nurse
VP Canadian Childbirth Association
Birth Educator/Doula
Lay Breastfeeding Counselor
my thoughts: http://www.themestream.com/gspd_browse/author/view_author_info.gsp?auth_id=77894
"No other natural bodily function is painful and childbirth should not be an exception." 
- Grantley Dick-Read

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2