Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:33:08 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
This seems to a very simple case of the baby not being fed enough. This is quite obviously the result of that moronic Babywise garbage. A baby that hasn't gained weight in weeks. I'm sure she'll be told by the zealots in this movement that it's her fault and she just can't make enough milk, too. It's not that the baby isn't cuing to feed, it's that mom doesn't know what a feeding cue looks like because she has systematically desensitized herself to her infant and the infant's needs. And the baby has probably become depressed and given up on even asking for food. My goodness - fenugreek? Really? This is what I really hate about galactagogues too lately. They are way, way overused when 9 times out of 10 we just need to feed the baby more often. In my never to be humble opinion, a typical baby at that age will often eat about 12 to 16 times in a 24 hour day, I would ask her how many times she feeds that baby in a 24 hour day. I bet your answer will be about 6. And she got her period back right away, right? For goodness sakes when will people wise up to Baby Unwise and just feed the baby? Thanks for letting me vent. Tricia Shamblin, RN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2