Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 01:40:51 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Greetings to all,

I actually cheered out loud when I read this in my digest a few minutes ago:

On Aug 22, 2013, at 12:00 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have found sometimes with a truly over abundant supply some moms find a change when they go off gluten. I suspect undiagnosed celiac in these cases. 
> Lee-Ann Grenier

I see this, too, Lee-Ann. In fact, I have yet to work with a mother with *unexplained* o/s (NOT the overstimulating ones or the postpartum thyroiditis cases) who doesn't experience dramatic improvement on a modified diet. This is at 100% in my practice -- the specific offending foods may vary, but dairy, gluten, soy, and egg top the list with corn starting to join the club. I can also say this about the moms with recurrent blebs, mastitis, and plugs -- reduce systemic inflammation (or, better stated, stop causing it) and there's no more problems.

Jennifer Tow has been saying for years that maternal inflammation is the root of so many of the problems we see. I believe more strongly every day that "breastfeeding pathologies" like we are seeing more and more of are just the canary in the coal mine -- the very tip of a much larger iceberg of declining population health that very likely starts with food. 

--Diana Cassar-Uhl, MPH, IBCLC
Cornwall, NY (U.S.A.)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2