Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:40:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hello All,

PTP: Mom delivered by emergency C/S related to HELLP syndrome at 30 weeks gestation. Baby was in the NICU for 2 months with all the usual intubation, monitoring, bottlefeeding, etc.  Attempted nursing several times in NICU with nipple shield and without. Now that she is home she has tried getting in the bath with baby and offering breast 2-3 times per day when baby is alert. Mom has been using the nipple shield at home but has also tried without the shield. Baby will latch, suckle once or twice and come off frustrated. Mom has a great milk supply and extremely dedicated to pumping every 3 hours. She has had a lot of trouble with bottle feeding too and seems to have a mouth aversion(getting feeding eval next week). She fights many of her feeds and often only takes a small amount before becoming agitated and downright angry. She is gaining a little slower than the doctor wants and they have considered tube feedings again but mom is trying to hold them off.  Is getting 1 teaspoon of Neosure for every 100ml of breastmilk. I have advised baths, deep breast compressions, offering full breast, offering breast when sleepy/tired. She really wants to get this baby breastfeeding and I welcome any advice/suggestions.  
*Note: My friend has seen several LC's both in hospital and outpatient. I have been providing information via phone, email, text as we don't live near.

Thanks so much!
Bonnie Logsdon

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2