Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 13:24:55 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
 I only see clients in my office, with rare exceptions, such as a sick mommy.My intake is very extensive and it stops and starts as the baby needs to feed. I charge a flat fee of $175 for an initial consult up to 2 hours. Anything significantly over is billed at my hourly rate of $75. It is rare that anyone goes over, but rare that we are much under the 2 hours, either. I rarely schedule back-to-back, though, b/c I would never want to miss a feeding. I would feel I did a serious disservice limiting time to less than 1 1/2 hours for any intake. Follow up visits are usually scheduled for an hour. I also have a weekly mom's group where I do a lot of support and I do not charge a fee. It is very successful. I also have a yahoogroup for my clients and have about 45 moms on it since we started last fall. It is one of the best things I ever did for them and for myself, b/c I can think of no other tool that has built such confidence in them as competent and capable mothers as when other women reach out and they find they have useful answers to share. I love it and it has saved me a lot of time, and keeps me from being a guru to anyone. I also bill for phone consults and email f/u that is extensive, but do a LOT of brief free f/u with my clients. 

What his hospital is trying to do would tie the hands of any LC. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2