Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 20:13:22 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
This is too close to home and I'm too far away! 
Background: my grandson born Wed 4/28 at 9pm, 8lb 7oz. Discharged on Sat at 7lb 10oz. Mom on no meds, no hx of menstral or hormonal issues although she was a premie herself. Baby born without drugs. Breastfed immediately. Large meconium stools, no jaundice. Mom felt milk come in with softening after feeds beginning on Sat evening. Sunday 4poops/24hrs yellow in color. Baby has been feeding often but feeds vary sometimes last only 3-5min before he falls asleep, sometimes 45min and then he sleeps almost 2hrs. Feeding >10x/24hrs. They use no pacifiers or bottles. Mom not sore, thinks baby is feeding well but often sleepy and then fusses to go back but only nurses a few minutes. Recommended compressions to help keep baby alert. Went to first pedi appt today and although pooping and peeing is OK only gained 1oz from discharge wt. He is officially 5.5days old. I suggested pre/post wts to them and to be evaluated by local LC group but they want to wait until I come home. Am I prematurely anxious? 

Nervous in Milwalkee while grandson is in MA! Ilene Fabisch 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2