Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 00:42:04 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
One of our doctors wants to refer a 38 year old mom who is adopting twins and wishes to induce lactation.  The has an "infantile uterus" so cannot conceive.  I can find very little about this in my searches except that it is a small uterus that never develops.  She is on Prempro now as this condition has put her into a perimenopausal state.  Can anyone tell me more about this condition and if it involves any other part of the reproductive system, hormones, breast development, etc.?
Also, I have worked with induced lactation from the stimulation (baby suckling, pumping, SNS, etc.), point adding some Reglan and herbs but do you think this would be better handled by stopping the Prempro, of course it has to be stopped, but to stop it abruptly to simulate the hormone shifts of delivery or do you see any reason she wouldn't be able to lactate?  The doctor wants me to tell her if it is possible or not "right now" and I am always of the thought to give it 110% with reasonable expectations.
Please give me any of your thoughts or where I can find out more about this condition.
Thanks
Denise Stuart

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2