Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:40:57 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
To Listmembers:

Can everyone please put aside all of the preceding posts regarding circ and wine AND read KB's response - once, twice, three times.  We are all human and we all have had bad timing and yes, even said the wrong things at times,

Yes, I have my personal opinion on this very hot issue of circumcision.  I also understand that if I feel strongly enough about this issue, that I will find a trusted friend or two and have said discussion with them.  

From what I am "hearing" via the list postings, is that we did get off topic as the question was in regards to giving baby some wine during a circumcision AND to my knowledge, commenting on those two issues together would be quite acceptable, BUT without adding personal opinions.

I don't know about anyone else on this list, but there have been many times where the list has been overwhelming and I have deleted posts or skimmed through posts, based on the subject line AND I have often missed the beginnings of a discussion only to become lost.....  My computer has crashed at times, and other sorts of man-made problems  and having a a personal life, have disabled me from keeping up with the list.

How many times has a member requested information on a subject that has been discussed many times and is easily found in the archives.  Yes, they either forgot or missed that post.  We are allowed to make a mistake.  

I do know for sure that there are others on this list, that while they might find the topic of circumcision and how it relates to breastfeeding an interesting topic and one they would like to have a frank discussion on, CAN at least acknowledge that it is obviously to hot of an issue to discuss on this list.

I mean, we can say that, can't we... that based on past experience, even though this might be an important subject, one that we can all learn about, and that yes, can have an impact on breastfeeding, that it just has proven to be an "unhealthy" discussion for this list.

Lastly, for those of us who have always enjoyed this list and looked forward to "signing on" and "
having our morning tea or coffee or just settling in - with some wonderful likeminded friends, it sure has been a DRAG to follow this list lately.

I suppose there will be others that will need to have their say, as I just have, but let's all just do it and then get on with it.

Thank you Kathleen for your post and acknowledging what for some of us can be a very hard thing to do:  And that is to say:  I'm sorry -   Oooops, I goofed up on this one!

Thanks for "listening."

Lori J. Isenstadt, IBCLC
Peoria, Arizona

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2