Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:42:32 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hello Lactnet!  
I thought perhaps I should introduce myself again, in a new light.  I have posted infrequently on Lactnet over the years and have appreciated the help of many of you.  
I am a new IBCLC but an old LLLL (fourteen years).   Am also the mother of two breastfed babies--Brian who is 19 and a freshman at Macalester College in St Paul MN, and Erin who will be 16 in a couple of weeks.  Despite the occasional rolling eyeball, I don't hesitate to mention to either of them that they can thank breastfeeding in large part for their good health and good heads!  I'm married to Bob for 25 years--a musician first (Irish, can you guess) and a nurse-administrator at a local hospital.  Our household is taken up with music, horses, cats, a three-legged dog, more music, girls' basketball,  and more music.  I love to write, garden, and counsel breastfeeding moms.
Besides being a LLLL, I am winding down a nine-month job for the state health department developing and implementing a WIC breastfeeding peer counseling program for our local district.  It's a pilot program for Vermont, I'm excited to say, and hope it will be the first of several in our state.  
I'm not exactly sure how my new role as IBCLC will play out but I am looking forward to a new perspective on my work for breastfeeding moms and with the local health community.  
Diane Dressler, BS, IBCLC, LLLL
Vermont

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2