Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:13:48 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I've been catching up since recovering from pneumonia which I came down with while visiting our new breastfed granddaughter. It is their second and mom is a "natural". 

Anyway the best bumper sticker I had in the 80's  was in bright yellow and said MAMAs MILK IS BETTER THAN ANY UDDER MILK.  I was a "hot mama" then, very skinny and busty, running a couple a miles a day when my internship husband was around to watch the children.  Guys certainly loved the bumper sticker and slowed down to give their approval.  My husband was not so crazy about it!  I would love another one now.

On ultrasounds- my husband is one of few OB/Gyns who does his own Ultrasounds and is certified in doing so.  Can someone tell me exactly why and how US work to unblock a duct?  Right now I do deep breast massage on the mom when all else fails.  I saw this technique in Canada in the 80's and have done this on my husband's patients that have deep palpable masses that just won't break up. It takes at least an hour to get the milk flowing, is uncomfortable for the mom (that is why I usually end up doing it -even though I try to get the dad to) but is always successful.  However, since I can talk my husband in to just about anything, like clipping frenulums and excising nipple plugs, and injecting local I would like more information. 

It kind of makes me wonder if the US can break up a milk plug what is it doing to tiny babies being formed at 6 to 8 weeks when they "date' the pregnancy?    Karen Graham

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2