>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	Abdun-Nur, Katherine  
> Sent:	Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:02 AM
> To:	[log in to unmask]
> Subject:	Hospital-based LCs
> 
> Greetings All:
> A couple of points that I would like to make:
> As a condition of my original employment here as an RN LC, (10 + years ago) I made it clear that I would only be available to work Lactation. Fortunately for me, that was fully supported by the then nurse-manager. Now so many years have gone by that no-one considers me for regular RN work, only Lactation. 
> Point 2 is that I'm picking up some interesting vibes about hospital-based LCs.  In my opinion, it is a misconception to believe that all we do is newborn work.  I have established an outpatient service, (as have many other facilities) and the families I work with come from everywhere within the breastfeeding spectrum. I count in my experience work with Downs' babies and other trisomy disorders, Cardio-respiratory affected breastfeeding babies, cleft-palate affected babies, weaning and teething issues, etc.  We have an established Mom's Group meeting here weekly. We're just a community hospital with good physician and administrative support for the Lactation program. This has been a process, but it has worked.
> I'm suggesting that we all use care when making generalizations about the practices of others. Thanks for listening.
> 
> Katherine Abdun-Nur RN IBCLC
> Lactation Service
> Three Rivers Community Hospital
> 500 SW Ramsey Avenue
> Grants Pass, OR   97527
> (541)472-7223
> 
> 

NOTE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
E-mail has the potential to have been altered or corrupted due to transmission or conversion. It may not be appropriate to rely upon this E-mail in the same manner as hardcopy materials bearing the author's original signature or seal. Thank you. Asante® Health System

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2