Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:51:25 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Just want to say how much I appreciate the encouragement from everyone, as this is my first time to sit the exam.  Taking the practice exams from Barger's book, I have had widely different scores from one day to the next, and have been getting nervous.  I've only been doing lactation the last few years, after being a med-surg nurse for a decade, then being out of the hospital for 15 years while I raised my family (and breastfed for about 3 1/2 years of that time).
But I also need to recall the time some med-surg colleagues and I sat the med-surg nurse certification exam, and after the exam we compared notes on some of the tricky questions, to find we each picked a different answer.  The bottom line was, we all ended up passing and being certified! Thanks for the encouragement to "pass, just pass" that someone gave, and the "passing the driver's test" analogy.  I know I'm not yet a Daytona 500 driver in the lactation field, but I do believe I'm a safe-enough driver to be on the road, so to speak, and I appreciate this forum that has been a wonderful help in that regard.  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2