Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:17:25 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Do pre and post weights. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol leonard
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:06 PM
Subject: ? Inadequate milk after gastric bypass surgery

My heart is breaking. My daughter is nursing her 13 day old daughter, baby #2. Nursing had been going great, or so we thought. >6 pees/poops daily as of day 5. BW was 8-1, day 6- 7-4. Heartbreaking, on day 11, she weighed 7-2.5, still an appropriate amt of pees and poops so I feel that she is getting enough quantity. We started supplementing on Sunday with 1 oz formula (baby's sucking her dry!!) by tube with each feed. Still many pees, no poop since Sunday eve. Dr. visit tomorrow for weight check and lack of poop x 24 hrs. My daughter had gastric bypass surgery 5 years ago, I'm thinking her milk is lacking in protein and/or fat. She started protein supplements, Reglan, is power pumping, and she having labs drawn in am for B12(known deficiency, taking sublingual), prolactin, testosterone, thyroid, CBC, hCG. (I have a great friend and supporter in her OB, who happily ordered the labs.) Breastfeeding didn't work the first time for other reasons but she never had an abundant milk supply then either. First child is tongue tied and ped didn't think it needed to be clipped! She now has speech problems. We haven't heard from the PKU results so I assume they were normal, altho I am going to inquire tomorrow. Anyone have anymore ideas?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2