Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 23:02:44 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Royce writes:
>I have had the same problems with moms not cleaning pump parts well.? Isn't there an explanation in the directions that tells them to take the pump set-up "completely" apart?? It seems to happen with both the PNS & PY. . .When mom came in and saw what I was trying to do she said, "Oh, I didn't know those came apart!"< 

I, too, came upon?this situation today. A mom said that she had lost the suction power with her Symphony rental pump. It had been working for?3-4 weeks & suddenly she heard loud wooshing & noticed very little suction. I had her bring in all the pieces & as I was testing it on the symphony pump, she mentioned that she put it in the dishwasher just like this and held up the connector, valve & membrane as one piece. I got out the soap & washed the?pump kit parts.?It was working fine again! I would not have believed it, if I hadn't experienced it myself.?She said she was?embarrassed that it was just the cleaning, but she had insisted on pumping just a few hours after her cesarean & remembered very little of what went on that day. She also confessed that although she had read the troubleshooting section, she never read the cleaning section of the booklet.

Laura Hart
Winter Park, Florida

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2