Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:44:22 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (43 lines)
This needs to be looked at by an MD.  It could be Paget's disease. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of lisa clements
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 6:18 AM
Subject: Thrush query? Weeping nipple

This one is quite out of left field.
My daughters 18 yo friend asked me a question as she said for the last year and a half she has been getting on and off an itchy nipple and breast, which when she scratches sometimes weeps a serous ooze, and then occassionally bleeds. It then will go away for a few weeks and then reappear. She does sometimes put bepanthen cream on for a few days, but she says its not regular  application coz she forgets to do it. I said it could be a fungal infection or a skin irritation. She doesn't normally get excema. 
She says she keeps on meaning to go to the docs, but just never gets round to it.
I would be pretty sure she's not sexually active and she's deifinitely nulliparous.
Sh just sorta asked me quickly bfore she left this evening. I suggested putting on an antifungal cream for at least 2 weeks and if it goes away it was probably thrush.
Is there anything else I should check with her.
Thank in advance for any suggestions for all.
From Lisa in Canbera, who's head is spinning from the wonderful and fantastic   A.L.C.A. conference that was held  this weekend in Canberra. Thanks to all involved. 

See ya!
Lisa Clements, who is now 2/3 of the way through her Midwifery. Yay! Only 4 more months to go.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail.
Learn more: http://au.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2