Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:15:31 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have already checked the archives & did not find an answer to this question.  Has any one had any personal experience or experience working with mothers breastfeeding with benign microcalcifications?  Is there any known link between microcalcifications and low milk production/supply. A mother I am working with is concerned about this as she is currently BF her 12 day old and is having supply issues (she did not have supply issues with her first child 8 years ago - before her microcalcifications were diagnosed).  Anyway not to get into great detail because I'm not asking about advice re: other reasons why her supply might be low or how to increase it because she is already working with a great IBCLC who is guiding her in regards to other issues but this mother does want to know if these microcalcifications could be interfering with the production of a sufficient milk supply for her baby - the possibility that this may be part of the big picture. (We have also done internet searches without success). 

Thanks in advance to all the experienced ladies here!
Lisa 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2