Subject:
Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:37:24 -0500
Content-Type:
multipart/mixed
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1429 bytes) , application/ms-tnef (2253 bytes)
I tend to agree with the Dr Jack approach myself, but it puts me in a tough position.  I would LOVE to be able to share accurate information with my classmates and instructors, but it becomes difficult.  So much of what was taught about breastfeeding is not true, or incredibly slanted.  I'd be trotting to my instructor nearly every day with references that disagree with her lecture.  

I sat through an hour long comparison of breastfed babies vs normal babies.  I listened to her say that bottles of NS in the first 24 hours do NOT contribute to nipple confusion.  I was told that I MUST NOT contradict hospital policy and teach that breastfed babies nurse 10-12 times a day.  (hospital policy is feedings q3h).

Where do you draw the line?  I want to share information, but I also want to pass my classes and not be a real irritation to my instructor.  Part of me just wants to just shut my mouth, and get through the program.  The other part of me knows that the misinformation that nurses give to moms starts right in that classroom where I am sitting.  

Megan

----------
Sent:   Monday, March 10, 1997 4:17 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: FTT

Um, actually THIS one I agree with Dr. Jack.  **Where are HER references**
She is wrong.  :/  What does *she* believe FTT is caused by?
Malabsorption?  Fairy's?  (okay, that was mean, but come on...)

ATOM RSS1 RSS2