Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:16:43 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
Hi,

I've been no-mail/just lurking for so long--nice to see so many familiar names and I look forward to seeing some of you in Chicago in just a few weeks.  I should 
re-introduce myself:  I'm Kendall Cox, a district bfing coordinator for WIC here in the Mississippi Delta.    

Here's my request for info:  A friend is doing a research project on cardiovascular disease risk and exclusivity of bfing here in Mississippi and asked for some help.  If anyone has any info to share or can point me in a direction (I've come across a few things via CBI but not exactly what I was seeking) I would greatly appreciate it (please e-mail me privately).  This is part of a much larger research project, btw.  I've included a very brief overview below followed by questions:

RESEARCH PLAN
Overview
A baseline survey will be performed which measures cardiovascular disease risk factors, behaviors, and attitudes.  In addition to these CVD survey questions, the mother of each participant will be contacted after the participant's permission and informed consent are obtained.  The participant's mother will be interviewed about what form of nutrition her son or daughter received during infancy.  If the participant was breastfed, follow-up questions about duration and exclusivity will be pursued.  Regardless of what type of milk the subject was feed, the questionnaire will include inquiries to determine at what age solid food was introduced.  

Q#1:  Has this method of determining infant feeding methods been previously proven reliable?  Reference? 

Q#2: How about age of introduction of solids?

Q#3: Are there other ways to accurately document BF history if mom is already dead?

Thanks for any and all help--

Kendall Cox, IBCLC, LLLL
WIC District Bfing Coordinator
Mississippi Delta

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2