Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:07:10 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Wow!  I am actually gathering books to send to Russia and Ukraine.  You can send them to me and I can re-send them along with some other books that I collect or I can provide you with addresses of people who need them.  The shipping indeed can be expensive.  I sent several packages (some M-bag, some regular mail, several times I paid myself, several times LLL of NC donated the shipping cost as well as some books).  I try to send them to people who are seriously involved in helping breastfeeding mothers as well as have some knowledge of English.  I have set up a Russian version of "Lactnet" on yahoo groups.  We have about 20-25 people there so far.  Most of them are actually outside of the capitals (Moscow and Kiev).

As far as the dated info goes, I go by common sense.  BAB is mostly still valid and extremely valuable in places with scare bf info.  Medications and Mothers' Milk -- I am for sending ONLY the latest editions.  I also include my e-mail and other contact info, just in case people need help understanding information, especially on medical issues.

More on the Russian front, besides Russian "Lactnet" (it is actually called Kormlenie meaning bf).  LLL is two Russian leaders rich now.  A new Russian leader was accredited in Florida in November 2003.  There may be more on the way.  There is a Russian BF support community in Livejournal http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lyalechka It is closely monitored to avoid bf bashing.  BF support groups as well as lay bf consultants are sprouting in Russia and Ukraine.  Some of them have outstanding results and accomplishments.  

LLL website has some Russian materials now.  You don't have to have Cyrillic fonts to download (its PDF or RTF files).  You can just open and print.  

Somebody from Israel mentioned the names of two Russian-speaking IBCLC's available in Israel.  It's great news, considering lack of Russian speaking resources in general and a great Russian-speaking population in Israel.  

That's all, folks!:-)

Natalie Wilson
LLL of NC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2