Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 02:56:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I find it easy, and am guilty  myself, when frustrated with one case etc to then paint a broader stroke than necessary when it comes to advice for unnecessary weaning or incorrect bf advice.. Let's try not to paint too broadly as it can label groups unfairly.. Eg physicians.. And alienate the majority who do great work with  by families. 

It's hard for me at times because I want to be smarter and I want everyone else to be right and smarter too ... Just lets be kind to the majority of all professionals who work hard all the time , day by day .. And be kind to ourselves  too . Everyone is trying in their own best way, to help protect bf . Our own prejudices trip us up sometimes .. I know mine do.. Lots of people are totally unfamiliar w nsg  toddlers for eg... And so advice can be colored or flavored by our own experiences w bf that make us feel for example, that seeing bf toddlers is abhorrent and Must be the cause of xyz health issue when in fact the filter is that we are uncomfortable seeing toddlers. Or older little ones nurse. We all can learn thankfully but we need to tread carefully especially w professionals who have so much fabulous knowledge and influence.. And who hold patients' trust and who , most of the time.. , Fervently  work hard daily to help those mothers .

Have a great weekend all!!! 

.. Kindly Kathleen 

Kathleen B. Bruce R.N., IBCLC
Lactnet list mom emeritus
Fiber enthusiast
Vermont,USA

Sent from my iPad

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2