Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:52:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
We are using a form of scanning, but there are still issues.  Want to get a new system that I think would be better.   Problems come when the scanning is done but milk set down somewhere other than the baby.  The two person deal doesn't really work either. 

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]

Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 7:07 AM

Subject: Bar coding vs 2 persons identifing breastmilk

I know I had brought this up earlier, and I appreciate the responses that I had received.  I need a little more information.  For those of you who scan bar codes, is it because your facility is paperless?  Are you required to scan the bar code because of HIMSS stage 6 or 7? (Apparently just means that the facility is/has achieved paperless designation).  It appears that my facility will be "forced" to bar code scan as we are a stage 7.  Totally paperless (hardly!) Problems with computers scanning patient bands and meds/fluids? All the time.  A colleague and myself really think that 4 eyes are better than a machine, but will probably be over-ridden.  Thoughts?  Thank you!  Brenda Enfield, RN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2