Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 07:58:55 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Both my kids had type 2 TT's. Neither had any issues with breastfeeding, but neither learned R's easily. My daughter managed to get R's down at age 6 and my son at age 12. He had two years of speech therapy through his school and his therpist never mentioned his TT. BTW, I don't think the therapy helped him at all. Some combination of maturation and determination during adolescence helped to overcome it. I would not count on a speech therapist to make the recommendation for a frenulum release.Perhaps you could show the dentist Kotlow's website. He has a lot of information there for professionals, should be a lot more convincing than anything a speech therapist could say. BTW, my daughter just gave herself an accidental one with her toothbrush the other night! She refused to lift her tongue while talking for about 12 hours, said it hurt too much!!! Gave me some insight into the babies I see frequently who won't nurse for a day after the procedure. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2