Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:38:17 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
Even from them, it is NOT new... When I was doing workplace lactation support at CDC the MCH Alert emails had a notice about this under the Ross division of Abbott - quite a while ago.  I downloaded everything to scrutinize it (couldn't help myself :).  All the materials has the cutesy (ugh!) Ross teddy bear, and as I recall there was misinformation regarding milk storage times.   
See...   
http://abbottnutrition.com/resources/en-US/news_and_media/media_center/bbb%20launch%20release%202-20-04.pdf   

>>>  Feb. 20, 2004 – Abbott Laboratories' Ross Products Division today announced the launch of a major new program, Business Backs Breastfeeding™, designed to help companies more effectively support mothers who continue to breastfeed after returning to work.<<<   

Interesting that this newer "new" Abbott program follows on the following...  

>>>   September 24, 2008  

Abbott Innovates Inside and Out with New Similac® Infant Formula and Packaging

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Abbott today announced the launch of two innovations using the latest science in infant nutrition and consumer packaging. New on the inside: Similac Advance EarlyShield™ is an infant formula that is designed to be more like breast milk. New on the outside: Similac® SimplePac™ is Abbott Nutrition's most significant packaging redesign of baby formula powder containers.  <<<

Sylvia Ann Ellison, M.A. 
[log in to unmask] 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2