Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 23:02:06 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Just for general information, I have a friend who is a social worker, and she usually tells clients before calling CPS, unless she feels it is a danger to do so.  She does it in such a way that it keeps the trust intact.  

I have not called CPS on a client, though I did have a client last year that I was concerned enough about (she did not harm or neglect her baby in any way, but I was concerned due to her level of general anger--at life itself, it seemed) that I mentioned her anger in the letter to her pediatrician (she did not have a regular doctor, and it took some doing to figure out where to fax this to), and recommended that the doctor offer her information on any parenting resources and anger management classes s/he knew of, and I did the same (I sent her a postal letter with some extra resources that I was not at the time carrying with me, which she acknowledged that she received) and also recommended keeping an eye out for abuse in the future, just in case.  We had no further contact, but I really hope she took advantage of the resources.  

I think, in this case, I would call the ped and speak with him/her, or at least call the office to make sure the doctor received your letters.  Did you mention the house smelling like animal pee?  Because that could, in fact, be a reason to call CPS.  It's not safe.

Julie Tardos

~~~~~
You can't eat your broccoli until you've eaten your ice cream.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2