Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:08:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Dear Friends;
One of my clients has been diagnosed with hyperthroidism. This morning the doctor has prescribed tapazole and inderal  for her. I am posting this information and query to the list with her permission. Mom usually weighs 115-120 lbs and is now down to 106 and has all the other typical symptoms as well.
This woman was also a doula client of mine so it has been a pleasure watching her parent her little girl and  doing so well until this diagnosis. She has a supportive husband and family. Her baby is now 5 1/2 months of age and fully breastfed and she anticipates having to wean. This is not something she is wants to do but she was told this morning by her physician that she must.
I have searched the Lactnet archives and also Tom Hale's site for information on lactation and these drugs but if anyone has anything else they can add, that will help this mother, please post to me ASAP either through the list or privately. It would be most appreciated.  She anticipates starting these drugs tomorrow (Friday).
She asked her doctor about using cow's milk versus formula and what she was told sounded like it had been written by the formula company's ad. person.  (IMHO)
Thanks
Barbara Kennedy RN ICCE-ICD CD(DONA) IBCLC
Stanley, New Brunswick, Canada

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2