Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:34:32 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I think the misunderstanding is the time period of registration, registration runs from October to October of 5 years later. While it makes sense to say she wrote the exam in July, the registration period only goes into the next year in October. Registration the first time we certify isn't back tracked to July, it starts in October, and the time period from July to October of that very first year is not part of your certification period, it's simply the months that pass after the exam is written. 

I can understand your frustration, we have a very similar issue with trying to find mentors where I work, the only ones available work at the hospital, and the hospital won't allow lay people to mentor there because of insurance reasons. Overall a frustrating situation and the shift to medicalize the profession adds to this I think. Perhaps our concerns should also be directed towards the IBCLE in formal correspondence? 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2