Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:15:48 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I'll always remember my daughters' 1 st births - one in Feb and one in May.  The Feb baby basically nursed for the first 24 hours and the May baby nursed 3 times in 1st 24 and guess which one was yellow?  The Feb home birth, LOL.  Personally I think so much of what baby does in 1st 24 hours depends on so many factors that you can't say do this or do that....mom meds, length of labor, long time pushing, easy out or assistance with forceps or vacuum and so on.   Following the baby's cues is a good way, pay attention!  Lots of STS.  NO separation.   Few visitors, no passing baby around etc.  Saying a newborn in first 1-3 days needs to be nursing 8-12 times in 24 hours is ludicrous.  Mother Nature planned for them to start slow with small amounts, when did we decide we knew better?   I'm sure there is some research some where, but it is so colored by the circumstances surrounding the birth.  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2