Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:41:43 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
I am a lurcher, and addicted to Lactnet, (I admit).    And I really have no business 
responding at this hour, but here I am.  I do understand that breast feeding 'pulls on your 
bones, and I would think, on your teeth, too, but once breast feeding is over, mom's bones 
are laid down stronger than before, for later in life.

I have a new job, and everything that I learned 12-13 years ago, is too old, seemingly, and 
it is hard for me to change, from the ways that I was taught.  Everything that I learned, 
then, was researched based, and made such good sense, many many details, but now it 
seems, that I am challenged on so many things, from the way that I had learned.  I have 
kept up on on going to conferences, and such, I do love being here, but I feel that there is a 
lot (maybe only a few) of reluctance for accepting the practices that I have used.  I don't 
want to sound resentful, but with all of the changes in practices, and all of the variations in 
the ways to provide breast milk, or not, I think I would like to have a limited scope of 
practice, to be able to help moms who want to breast feed.  Sorry to get off on a tangent, I 
have moved far away from home, and there is many things going on, not just the way that I 
was trained.  ha  Does anyone know what ever happened to Jan DeCoopman?  She was the 
BEST, my mentor, and I know, for a lot of others, too.  She was from MI, moved to 
Wisconsin.  (Jan, are you out there??)  She was one of the original guru's for breast 
feeding, in my book.  Thanks for listening.  Joann C.  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2