Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (50 lines)
LMAO!!!!

2010/8/5 Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>:
> Dear all:
>
> I spent yesterday trying to induce my virus-infected head (I blame the evaporated milk and corn syrup mixture and parental second hand smoke for my perpetually immunologically compromised upper respiratory tract  - and the swiffer duster for reducing the impact of those early insults) to cope with tech support.  An experience that I liken to those bad postpartum experience during which unnecessary and aggravating interventions culminate in a tipping point that sends you into total anxiety or deep depression.
>
> While my first tech support geek at Road Runner was pleasant, he managed to erase the entire contents of my iPhone and to send me into some area of Road Runner that was supposed to fix the spam problem on Lactnet.  Instead I got the computerized message that makes even the most psychologically stable consider banging their heads against a brick wall because the pain of impact against the brick would be less painful than thinking you are now in a cul de sac of nonhuman interaction that is harder to emerge from than a black hole.  Which is why I tend to ignore these problems until I accumulate a sufficient number of insurmountable problems for which I cannot figure out a "go around" and then tackle them in a huge masochistic orgy of wending my way through phone cues on more than one phone at a time.  The cacophony of two sets of incompatible music simultaneously playing on speaker is not particularly soothing to a virus-infected brain.
>
> Fortunately, I was able to reinstall the important info on my iPhone with an overly chatty tech geek at Apple (I know his whole life story now including how his 11 year old son engages in similar behaviors as my 11 year old son).  Somehow, I appear to have been able to merely reinstall myself on Lactnet without going back to Road Runner seems to have temporarily worked.
>
> Perhaps it WAS the most recent personal conversations about lubrication that bumped those of us using Road Runner off Lactnet.  I find it quite bizarre that this bumped us off, however,  knowing how much my son has picked up from commercials on television.  For instance, Bob who is popular with the ladies who want to sit on his lap when he's wearing Santa Suit (how creepy is that?) and couples coming out of what looks like an amusement park ride blown away by the lubricating product that enhanced their "ride".  At age 11,  I hadn't yet watched the movie at school that tried to explain to the girls why the "curse" wasn't really a curse, it was about becoming a woman.  I think we saw it at age 13 when it was already too late for most of us.
>
> So, this is a rather addle-headed test (no, I'm not on any cold medications this is just the virus itself) to see whether or not I am really reinstated to Lactnet only to merely get bumped off again.
>
> Best, Susan E. Burger
>
>             ***********************************************
>
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome
>

-- 
Because the Medieval Church, with the support of kings, princes and
secular authorities, controlled medical education and practice, the
Inquisition constitutes, among other things, an early instance of the
"professional" repudiating the skills and interfering with the rights
of the "nonprofessional" to minister to the poor. -Thomas Szasz, The
Manufacture of Madness-

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2