Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 10:24:14 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (4 lines)
Dear friends:  I share with many of you the outrage at the inferences, and attacks at Karen and the Kathys, as well as those aimed at our network and our practitioners. My mind, too, leaps to the defense of both individuals and the collective.  Negativity, however, is a downward spiral sapping all of our energies.  Below is the response I personally sent to Ms. Williams, in the hopes that she, and we, can all go forward.  Chanita

Kim -- I am not one of the owners, just one of the subscribers to Lactnet.   I am so sorry you've had such a negative experience that it has turned you off to what the rest of the network can offer.  I, too, practice only as a  hospital RN.  Over my six-month tenure in this network, I have gained much valuable information and support for the way I practice -- and I had already been teaching breastfeeding for 20 years.  I have also been encouraged to become active in changing my hospitals policies and practices.  I hope, as the tincture of time works its magic, you will want to rejoin us for the positive things we can bring.  Sincerely, Chanita, San Francisco.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2