Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:31:46 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
 I have to question the wisdom of using the population of Belarus to evaluate the risks of artificial feeding as it pertains to allergies and asthma. Michel Odent has put forth a credible argument that cesarean sections are a significant contributing factor in the sky-rocketing rates of asthma. 75% of the women in Belarus have cesarean sections. According to information I have read, only 10% of women have milk that does not test positive for irradiation (remember Chernobyl) and developing fetuses are at high risk of developing many other diseases, 

I think we really have to question the value of this kind of research in light of the many variables that nature never anticipated--a disastrously toxic environment, medicalized birth, malnutrition of a form that only science could create, detached parenting and changes in DNA based on all of the above.? Feeding at the breast is normal and human milk is magical stuff, but just like every other biologic process, it has been compromised by such rampant neglect. That still means, of course, that AIM is even more dangerous than ever. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2