Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:54:06 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (78 lines)
Lisa,
Unlessthere is something I am missing here, this appears to be a perfect example of why we needto heal the mother to heal the baby. I think it is likely your body is in aconstant state of inflammation if one baby after another has food allergies.You make antigens, pass them to your baby and your baby has allergies. That isa bit oversimplified, but you get the idea. I wonder what testing you have hadfor allergies. What you have done to heal your own gut. That is the approach Iwould encourage. Honestly, if I were doing an intake on your kids—it would beall about you! I would want to know about your history, your diet, your gutfunction, history of oversupply (looks like it with some of the kids), supplements,etc.

I wouldlike to point out though that there is no “food” allergy to colors,preservatives and additives. They are not foods and no one should ingest them.They are poisons, period.

Therelationship between eczema and diabetes is food allergies and inflammation. Eczemais an externalized response to an internalized problem. 

I donot know how you are using homeopathy or natural medicine, but there is asignificant missing piece here, IMO. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

I knowI missed this whole topic and I read thru several replies. I thought well maybeI should share anyway. I have a reason and need your input as well , please,will share later, because recently a Dr TOLD me to give my current baby solids.

I have6 children. I ecologically breastfeed...

DD (now16) started solids at around 9 months (later learned she has lots of foodallergies, allergies to colors and preservatives, dairy) She nursed till BEYOND6 :) talked very early no problems except very spirited :) born in hospital nomeds. ( I do think NOW she was SPD)

DD (now13) started other foods around 13 months ( same food issues) nursed till past5. normal speech. hospital birth no meds

DD (now10) started other foods at 14 months (extremely fussy baby at 9 weeks I learnedvia a applied kinesilogist she had severe wheat/gluten soy and corn allergiesso I eliminated all) she nursed till she was about 3. Homebirth

ds (now7) started other foods at 14 months, we avoided all known foods that otherswere allergic too. HE was 9.1 at birth by 8 weeks he weighed 18 pounds. HE wasand is a big boy (not over weight just big)
  Hereis the interesting part we just started speech therapy a few weeks ago, the pednoticed speech issue I never "noticed" but thought he was regressingbecause dad recently deployed. HOMEBIRTH

dd (now4) started other food at 14 months VERY fussy difficult baby. at 15 months was'diagnosed with sensory processing disorder. Homebirth. nursed until past 3 butdue to an abrupt hospitalization when I was pregnant with current baby she bascallyweaned (tried after home but said yuck) :(still learning  and trying to figure her out.

ds  born at 34 weeks after forced induction(long story) latched on in NICU with in 48 hours. No bottles or pacifiers, heweighed 6 pounds went home at 5.4 he went home at 4 days old. SHocked the NICU.

HE isstill nursing exclusively. Was extremely fussy, 'diagnosed' with colic. Hadpooping issues. SLow gain compared to all my others and he nurses all the time(does not go longer than 2 hours).
At theend of February he got very sick, vomited 9 days was not even keepingbreastmilk down, dehydrated tow ER trips and IV fluids. The alst trip to thelocal children hospital (long story short) they wanted a UA on him , forced acatheter in , retracted cleaned his foreskin :( so they could get a sterilecatch even though I told them I could pee him in  cup they said no. IT was very traumatic and after that hewould pee or poo for me in th epotty like he did before...

Fastforward a few weeks ago he started screaming when he urninated (I EC him) did aUA, Leukocytes 3 plus KEtones 2 plus...so ped is telling me he has no fever theUA culture was neg (friday) they Dr is telling me he is not pooping cause he isnot getting enough from my breastmilk. The high ketones they say are because heis not getting enough protein from my milk....that he is taking protein fromhis muscle, he weighs 19 pounds 18 oz.

YEs Iam rambling I guess I am sorry but one I am curious what you all think about MYbaby, I was livid they suggest solids, they are telling me I am depriving him,not to think of him as  a preemieanymore? I explained how I did not feed the other children till they werebeyond a year FULLTERM!  They aresaying what some of you state that I am missing my window with him, that hewill have food adversions and speech probelms. Well I am already was concernedwith speech cause he JUST started saying momma and dadda and nana(fornursing)  I could go on but I do goback monday to the dr. BEcasue they want to see him after I was told to startfood this past weekend they want to see if he gained weight. I have tried(avocado pear, ) he will try then push it out with his tongue. HE would pick upbabaras breakfast O's and eat those but I HATE cereal  ( like raw foods) he would cram them in then spit a lot out.HE has not pooped since I helped him last week with a water enema.

Again Iknow I shared my experience and hope it is ok I ask about my concern too. IFnot feel free to delete

Feelfree to email me as I have a hard time getting on line [log in to unmask]

I willadd the Pediatrician we use is great so this is why I am shocked.

Thanksa bunch!

LisaOlschewske
LLLLeader 13 + years
workingon  taking IBCLC exam next year!

I am sosorry it was brought to my attention after all that I failed to mention how oldmy baby is . He was born may 5, 2009 but due at the end of June . So he is a year old from birth.
Also weuse probiotics and homeopathics. Also chiropractic care.
Ishould add the baby also has a rash spot on his cheek and under his chin . Theholistic ped said it was eczema not yeast ...still not sure about that. I havehad friends with type 1 diabetes children say it could precursor to that but wechecked his glucose last week (my dad has a meter) 

Thanksagain
sorryfor the confusion 
Lisaolschewske

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2