Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:33:49 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
 I think it has been at least 15 years since I first heard James McKenna, and I loved his work and his presentation then and I do now. But, the Morning Show segment was awful. The psychologist had the run of the show and co-sleeping did not come off well at all. The parents they had in the audience were sort of pointless and McKenna really said almost nothing. His approach works very well when he has the podium, but it is way too laid back for this kind of venue. Someone like that horrid psychologist can just walk all over him and that is just what she did. She actually said that 70% of Americans have sleep problems--what a lost opportunity to point out one of the causes--isolated sleep! I think McKenna needs to be more clear about being the expert--this is HIS area of expertise and he needs to come across that way--in this segment, he seemed like just some guy with an opinion. No surprise, considering the desire of the hosts to provide a shock factor, but still too bad. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2