Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:52:22 +0300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hi all
I am usualy a very silent lactnet-lurker, however I am in need of your help. I know there is a herbalist on this list but I can't remember her name, I tried to find her in the archives but was not succesful.
I am exclusively nursing my 13 week old daughter.
my older daughter (2 yrs old) came home with a very nasty eye infection which the doctor told us was adenovirus, she got over it within 10 days, but my husband and I got it in a very bad way. I was hoping my 3 month old wouldn't get it but unfortunately she caught it 5 days ago, and I hope it won't be as severe as mine or my husbands case.
here is my question,my sister has given me a herbal drop compound which she said helped her when she had conjunctivis, I checked the ingredients and it contains goldenseal which I vaguely remember as being toxic or something like that for babies, so I won't give it to my 3 month old. I was wondering if I can take it for myself, the drops need to be diluted (5-15 drops) in one ounce of distilled water. 
the contents are:
rue fruiting tops (ruta graveolens), fennel seed (foeniculum vulgare), eyebright flowering herb (euphrasia off. 0, goldenseal rhizome & roots ( hydrastis can), mullein leaf & flwr ( verbascum thapsus) and boric acid, USP (1%). the compound contains grain alcohol (46-51%) distilled water and vegetable glycerin.

please e-mail me privately as we have just moved homes and am nomail till I get my sanity back.

TIA

Jackie ,  mom to Eden 2 yrs and Mika 3 months

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2