Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:33:01 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
I posted about my grandaughter in London, and she is still having problems.  It seems like I have always been 
able to help others as an LC, but now that it is my own, I'm frequently at a complete loss!  Please bear with me.

The baby was born at 5lbs 13 oz- term.  She was an undiagnosed breech finally delivered by c-section, then
given IV antibiotics for 48 hours.  The antibiotics were "policy."

She has doubled her birth weight at two months.  Today, she weighs 10lbs 9 oz.  She is a fast gaining, but often unhappy baby.

When I wrote the first time, I said the baby chokes at the breast and becomes upset.  I wondered if it was a good idea
for mom to try to block feed, but my hesitation was that she was born so small, and I believed her number one concern
was to catch up on her weight, which she has done.

We had her ULP (4th degree) and submucosal TT lasered a week ago by Dr. Levinkind in London, and she is having 
body work by a knowledgable practitioner.

She becomes agitated at the breast, and chokes.
She recovers, seemingly, but cries and is only comforted going back to the breast. (thus the rapid gaining?)
The only other time she is awake and happy is if she is allowed to lie on her back, alone. 
She will interact- make eye contact, coo, smile.
Still, periodically, she will suddenly cry unconsolably, stiffening her whole body.
Silent reflux?  She rarely spits up.  

My daughter has been lactose intolerant for years- has cut ice cream out- previously her only dairy.
She stopped taking any vitamins.  The baby has normal poops- frequent and yellow seeded.

It is clear that my daughter has a good milk supply.  Would you try block feeding at this point?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2