Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 14:18:18 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Can't believe I reached the 3-post limit today. I think that's a first for me!

Re: << I had a mother with a similar scenario. Apparently normal/reproductive early health history, took BCPs for birth control, then had trouble getting pregnant when she came off the pill in late 20's. Used clomid to get pregnant, conceived twins. Decent breast growth during pregnancy, home birth, great start, but not enough milk from the get go. Galactogogue herbs helped push things up a bit but did not bring her all the way up. She topped out at making a little less than enough for one baby, and alternated which baby she breastfed for almost a year. There were many unanswered questions. >>

Thought occurred on this aspect: one hormonal piece associated with luteal phase defects can be low progesterone, which plays an important role in alveolar proliferation... Still, I've had plenty of MOT/MOM come through our group with similar stories and they've produced well. One of those "hard to call" situations. The MOT in question also had a poor BF start with ineffective BFrs. 

I've always wondered what role normal variation may play in MOT/MOM production. For instance, texts always cite the breast as having 15-25 lobes. What if the women with 15 lobes can do super-duper re: lactation with a singleton, but multiples pushes her particular breasts to or beyond their milk-making limit? Could this be possible? 

Re: << Many twin moms like the E-Z to Nurse twin pillow, which is tapered and helps position two babies together. (See at
http://www.Mommysthinkin.com/ez-2-nurse_twins_nursing_pillow.htm and at
http://doubleblessings.com/pillow.html )>>

Of the MOT/MOM who like to use a nursing pillow, most I know prefer this EZ-2-Nurse pillow. Of those using the EZ-2-Nurse, most prefer the tapered side, which would be considered the top or "right side up." However, some find the taper rolls babies in too much. The pillow still works well -- the MOT just has to flip it over to the bottom or "wrong" side and it is flat but has the depth a MOT needs for simultaneous feeding.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2