Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:27:00 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
How rare are these allergies we are talking about?  Dairy I see fairly frequently, but peanuts, shell fish, and citrus, is there any protein in citrus?  I have read many articles about colick and the normal neurological changes/behavior patterns in newborns the first four months of life.  Are we just desperately trying to help desperate mothers with normal colicky/fussy babies?    Should we be mothering the mother instead of having them try all of these strict diets?  At what point do we say enough is enough?  At what point can we say this must be an allergy and we must try a special diet.  I have had mother's eliminate dairy and even soy.  But to go to only rice, squash and turkey???????????Isn't that a lot to ask?  And if the doctor tells her to go on formula, can't she just say no?  How bad are these babies really?  Are they physically compromised or is it more of a difficult situation for the parents to put up with the crying????????  Which is difficult.  I have read that anything buy soy and dairy allergies are very rare, yet now I read on lactnet that 11 foods can be culprits.  Are there reliable statistics on their proven occurances.  I have mothers who are so paranoid about their diet.  Our goal is to make nursing something that can fit easily into a person's life so she can breastfeed for one or two years.  How can she do that if she lives on millet?

Comments welcome

Blukas@Sheboygan

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

ATOM RSS1 RSS2