Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:01:51 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I'm enjoying this thread on normal infant development and how we have managed to make such a mess of things that we don't recognize normal when we see it. >when you bottle feed, the goal is just to get it in ,  burp the Baby and go to sleep like a "Good Baby". Heaven forbid the first year be a sensual, loving and laid back  experience for both Mom and . Baby. Preparing Baby for how to approach eating and intimate relationships as an adult.  We officially now see Parent and Childhood as a chore, something to be done in a rush and checked off a list. <This is so true! Child-rearing is seen as such a chore that I've heard parents say they've decided to have their children close together "to get it over with"!  I also wanted to mention a recent post on facebook's "I love Babywise" page  from a mom who didn't know what to do about her 3-month-old who will not focus on eating. "She will suck 2-3 times, then pop her head up, look at me for about 30 seconds, then start laughing/smiling, suck 2-3 more times & then do it again." The mom decided this meant she was not hungry and ended the feeding session. At naptime the baby cried & cried, but she can't feed again until after the nap. Mom is at her wits end. How sad, that she is so worried about  keeping the schedule that she can't just enjoy this sweet exchange with her baby girl! Honestly, when I read some of the posts on this page of the scheduling problems, the confusion over what to do, and the incessant crying, I wonder why anyone would "love" Babywise.  Sheila Stubbsretired LLL Leader of 25+ years  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2