Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:44:11 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Jeanette, 
  I definitely learned it from you!!!  But Im letting you know I have used the method with two of my clients last year.  One was traveling on bussiness and her pump broke down during travel.  She was in Argentina and it was late at night, so I searched in the internet for LLLL and breastpumps providers in the area and told her to use the jar method till the morning,,,she was grateful.

Another time, the same thing happened.  A lady from across the island (we live in a 100 miles X 35 miles island but people resitate to travel more than 20 miles...really) her pump died on her and she was engorged (though she had the baby with her, but she said she was too engorged for the baby to latch on) and I suggested the jar method, and she was grateful too.

But the same goes with hand expression.  I have taught many mothers who cannot afford a breastpump or dont really need it to hand express.  My sister in law was one of them, and she double hand expressed onto a bowl at work 8 ounces at a sitting.  She hand expressed at work till her baby was 2 1/2 years old.

I remembered when I sat for the IBCLC exam the first time (10 years ago) and we had to think low tech first before anything else.  

Carmen Cabrer, IBCLC, LLLL, CCE
  [log in to unmask]
  www.lacted.com
  San Juan, Puerto Rico

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2