Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 11:44:07 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Hi all,
  Winnie said, "We need to inform her of the ways EP differs from direct nursing and the amount of work involved. " Since we've been on the topic of exclusive pumping, I was interested in hearing what you might say to a mom who is asking if there is a diffierence between direct nursing and just giving her own milk in a bottle.  What sort of advantages besides less work involved does the baby and mom receive by direct breastfeeding that they would miss if the baby just received EBM in a bottle? 
  Also, this proud LC grandma wanted to share a chuckle that I thought you would enjoy.  My daughter-in-law is a Bradley childbirth instructor and LC, and she recently organized a rally in San Francisco to protest a local hospital's ban on VBAC deliveries.  My (still nursing) 3 year old grandson attended the rally with his mother.  Today he was playing "rally" and had made a poster sign and was carrying it about the house, chanting slogans from the rally.  However, my daughter-in-law was surprised to hear his chants change from birth related ones to "What do babies want?  Breastmilk!  When do they want it?  Now!"  ( I guess I shouldn't be too surprised my grandson is a Lactivist!  He attended his first rally when he was just 2 months old!)
  Still chuckling,
  Kristeen Rogers
  Crystal Lake, IL

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2