Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:07:42 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
What I would do is get a Haberman feeder or a Calma (maybe calma) to work with strengthening baby's suck with positioning in a flexed hold, and do suck-strengthening exercises.  Refer to Catherine Watson Genna's book on Sucking Skills in Breastfeeding Infants.  
Excellent stuff.  I'm off for the next several days.  But this has worked exceptionally well.  And get mom pumping with a symphony IMHO.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heidi Streufert
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:38 PM
Subject: Second Plea for Suggestions for PTT Baby post-clip x 2

Good afternoon,

I posted a lengthy post about a baby I've been working with for the past three months, and haven't seen any suggestions or replies (probably because the post was very, very long), but I'm pretty desperate to help this mom succeed. She has done everything to preserve breastfeeding, but we've exhausted our current resources and baby is still exhibiting a dysfunctional suck the majority of the time with poor milk transfer at the breast.

I think our next step logical step would be OT/SLP, but I wanted to hear from those with more experience, and if this is the next logical step, I would also love a referral in the DC Metro area (mom is in Chevy Chase, MD).

I can re-send the original post to anyone who might be able to help.
Please? :)

Thank you,

Heidi Streufert, RN, LLLL (2000-2009, retired)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2