Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:46:03 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
A LOT of us have had peri-menopausal symptoms for months or years before realizing what it was. Hot flashes and Night Sweats are NOT in the mind. They ARE a result of dropping estrogen levels, as are other situations, such as the one I faced and discreetly hinted at (and it was NOT in my mind, as I had NEVER heard of it being a peri symptom and only learned after facing it for nearly a year that it often IS.)  Neither are many of the other symptoms MANY (but not all) of us experience. I don't disrespect women who have health issues I don't face and I don't really appreciate being told MY experiences are worthless, not based in reality and "manufactured." 

Because one has had an experience (or a lack of one) doesn't mean that everyone who has had that experience is wrong, or that their condition is "made up." Peri-menopause experiences IDENTICAL to what many women have today were cataloged and described by the ancient Egyptians and the Greeks.  I have my opinions about MANY "disorders" that I keep to myself, but don't try to tell women that their "parasites" or "gluten intolerances" (the two most trendy, recently) etc aren't real just because I DON'T PERSONALLY experience such things.  They may well have issues I don't face, but I don't blame, nor do I say their situations are "manufactured." I think such doings does nothing but dis-empower those of us who face ANY disorder or condition or discomfort not faced by every single other person on the planet. 

FTR. the smell and taste of coconut oil makes my husband throw up. We'll stick with Astroglide Green Cap for a vomit free sex experience. It's better than NOT having sex by a long shot. Thanks. 

Mary

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2